World Trademark Review (WTR) has again recognized Beggs & Lane partner Stephen D. Wilson in the 2023 edition of “WTR 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals,” its annual list of the world’s top trademark practitioners.
WTR publishes World Trademark Review magazine, and selects leading trademark attorneys and firms worldwide for recognition in WTR 1000. In its WTR 1000 publications, WTR has noted:
- “At storied firm Beggs & Lane, established in 1883, Stephen Wilson is the anchor of a broad-scope trademark practice. He can instantly answer existential questions such as what impact technological developments might have on brands and how to stay protected while avoiding costly litigation; contentious prowess and expertise in the sports and entertainment, and food and beverage industries are further advantages.”
- “Stephen Wilson leads the IP group at one of Florida’s oldest firms, Beggs & Lane. Excellent at spotting issues and problem solving–and someone who sees the big picture–Wilson is in his element when bringing coherence to large portfolios; he is also a dab hand on non-traditional trademarks.”
- “Stephen Wilson garners rave reviews: He is extremely proactive and is able to anticipate and address problems before they blow up.”
- “Always on top of things, he provides timely, thorough responses and goes the extra mile to keep you updated on the progress of your matters.”
- “He is also continuously exploring new and alternative ideas for IP rights protection. ”
- Stephen Wilson “is a consummate litigator and all-round IP protector.”
WTR undertakes “exhaustive qualitative research” including “in-person, telephone and video interviews” to identify “top firms and individuals based on their depth of expertise, market presence and sophistication of work.” WTR 1000 “identifies the leading professionals and firms that are deemed outstanding at obtaining, protecting, managing, enforcing and monetising trademarks,” featuring “individuals identified by market sources for their exceptional skill sets and profound insights.”
Steve serves as Practice Group Manager of the Intellectual Property group at Beggs & Lane, a full-service law firm founded 140 years ago in 1883. He has practiced law for over 20 years, and represents clients worldwide in connection with global brand protection and other intellectual property (IP) matters, including trademark applications and registrations covering over 140 countries.