As health care laws and regulations become increasingly complex, it is critical that clients have counsel with a keen understanding of the health care industry. Beggs & Lane has a long history of providing advice and counsel to hospitals, hospice organizations, home health agencies, physician groups, sole practitioners, and other health care entities. We have developed a broad health care practice designed to meet a wide variety of client needs. Our attorneys work side by side with our clients to develop effective solutions to the business and legal challenges unique to the health care industry. Specific services available to health care clients include the following:
- Medical malpractice defense.
- Representation of physicians and other licensed health care professionals before the Department of Health in disciplinary and other actions involving licensure.
- Organizational advice and counsel on the formation of new corporations, partnerships, and joint ventures.
- Representation of physicians selling and purchasing medical practices.
- Representation of physician groups in mergers and acquisitions.
- Providing counsel on credentialing, certification and staffing issues.
- Representation of health care providers in cases involving heath care fraud allegations and complex technical disputes involving HIPAA, EMTALA, and other federal laws and regulations.
- Representation of nursing homes and long-term care facilities in labor and employment disputes.
- Representation of nursing homes and long-term care facilities in medical negligence cases.