Energy and Public Utilities
Over the past 90-plus years, our firm has developed extensive experience representing electric, telephone and other utilities within Florida and across the southeastern United States. We serve clients across a broad spectrum of matters including agency proceedings, state and federal trial and appellate litigation, asset construction and acquisitions, and contract development.
Our regulatory experience includes representing electric utilities before the Florida Public Service Commission in a variety of matters, including the following:
- General revenue requirements proceedings
- Cost-recovery proceedings
- Purchased power agreement negotiations and approvals
- Energy efficiency and conservation proceedings
- Renewable energy
- Generating resource need determinations
- Rulemaking proceedings
- Territorial disputes
- Tariff approvals and amendments
With over 60 years of combined experience, the attorneys in Beggs & Lane’s Energy and Public Utility practice group focus exclusively on serving our energy and utility clients.