W. Lee Elebash
Lee Elebash represents business owners in state and federal court. His practice includes litigation of complex business disputes, real estate matters, breach of contract claims, shareholder/partnership disputes, non-competition agreements, interference with business opportunities and other business tort claims (including fraud and breach of fiduciary duty). Lee has also litigated products liability cases on behalf of manufacturers and regularly represents clients facing professional liability claims.
Lee spends time with each client at the outset of any engagement to ensure that litigation strategies are aligned with the client’s goals and objectives. Where appropriate—and when consistent with the client’s objectives—Lee is adept at finding solutions that avoid the time and expense of litigation.
Lee is a graduate of the University of Florida (B.A. Economics, 1998) and the University of Alabama School of Law (J.D. 2005). During law school, Lee was a Senior Editor on the Alabama Law Review, Chairman of the John A. Campbell Moot Court Board and was elected to serve on the Honor Court. Prior to attending law school, Lee spent two years working for investment bank SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in the firm’s investment strategy group.
Lee is AV peer-review rated for high ethical standards and preeminent legal ability in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory. In 2017, he was recognized as a “Rising Star” by Florida Super Lawyers magazine, a designation awarded to no more than 2.5% of lawyers statewide.
The University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- J.D. – 2005
- Alabama Law Review, Senior Editor
- John A. Campbell Moot Court Board, Chairman
University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Major: Economics
- Defended family pharmacy in federal court lawsuit filed by nationwide pharmacy chain alleging tortious interference and conspiracy; obtained dismissal of all claims against client.
- Defended insurance agency against breach of contract, negligence and fraud allegations; obtained summary judgment for insurance agency on all claims.
- Defended ammunition manufacturer in products liability action; confidential settlement at mediation.
- Represented guarantor group in connection with several real estate transactions, including in 16-day federal jury trial in which jury unanimously found for the guarantor group on fraud and RICO claims, resulting in release of guaranty and return of collateral.
- Represented seafood producer in partnership dispute; resolved all disputes without resorting to litigation.
- Defended career consulting firm against allegations of breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, negligence, wantonness, and fraud; successfully argued motion for summary judgment.
- Defended health care provider against breach of contract and unjust enrichment claims; obtained voluntary dismissal after first deposition.
- Defended medical services provider against spoliation of evidence claims in wrongful death lawsuit; successfully argued motion for summary judgment.
- Defended employer in breach of contract action filed by former employee; successfully argued motion for summary judgment (affirmed on appeal).
- Defended automobile dealership against claims service department was negligent; obtained defense judgment at conclusion of trial.
- Defended a community newspaper in libel action; successfully argued motion for summary judgment based on application of fair report privilege.
- Florida, 2009
- Alabama, 2005
- American Bar Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Leadership Pensacola, Class of 2012.
- ARC Gateway Foundation Board (2015 – Present)
- United Ministries Board of Directors (2011-2014; President (2014)