Matthew P. Massey
Matthew P. Massey is an Associate in the firm’s Pensacola office. He represents individuals and corporations in white collar criminal defense and internal investigations, business contracts and tort claims, professional malpractice actions, and commercial litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Matthew served as an Assistant United States Attorney for four years with the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia. In that role, he served as lead counsel on a variety of criminal investigations and tried over 20 cases to verdict on behalf of the Department of Justice. Matthew received two Special Achievement Awards in recognition of his service to the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
Matthew is a graduate of the University of Virginia (B.A. Economics, B.A. Psychology) and Emory University School of Law (J.D. 2012), where he was a Managing Editor of the Emory Law Journal. Before becoming a federal prosecutor, Matthew completed judicial clerkships in the Sixth Judicial Circuit Court of Maryland and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, GA
- J.D. (2012)
- Dean’s Awards: Advanced Civil Trial Practice; International Commercial Arbitration
- Judicial Externship: U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- Managing Editor, Emory Law Journal
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- B.A. Economics (2009)
- B.A. Psychology (2009)
- Florida (2018)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (2018)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida (2018)
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida (2018)
- District of Columbia (2014)
- Virginia (2013)
- Maryland (2012)
- Escambia Santa Rosa Bar Association, Member
- American Inns of Court, Pensacola Chapter, Member
- Rotary Club of Pensacola, Member