Matthew P. Massey
Matthew focuses his practice on complex civil and white collar litigation. Before joining Beggs & Lane, Matthew served as an Assistant United States Attorney in the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia. As an Assistant U.S. Attorney, Matthew conducted hundreds of criminal grand jury investigations and tried more than 20 cases to verdict. He received two Special Achievement Awards in recognition of his trial and investigative work at the Department of Justice. Prior to working as a federal prosecutor, Matthew served as a judicial law clerk to the Hon. Theresa C. Buchanan in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
While in private practice, Matthew has concentrated on litigation and white collar work, including: business litigation; mass tort litigation; securities litigation; white collar and internal investigations; construction litigation; medical malpractice actions; qui tam actions; and commercial transactions.
Matthew is a graduate of the University of Virginia and Emory University School of Law, where he was Managing Editor of the Emory Law Journal. He is active in the Pensacola community and was recognized as a 2020 Pensacola Inweekly Rising Star.
Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, GA
- J.D. (2012)
- Dean’s Awards: Advanced Civil Trial Practice; International Commercial Arbitration
- Judicial Externship: U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- Managing Editor, Emory Law Journal
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- B.A. Economics (2009)
- B.A. Psychology (2009)
- Florida (2018)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (2018)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida (2018)
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida (2018)
- District of Columbia (2014)
- Virginia (2013)
- Maryland (2012)
- Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association, Member
- American Inns of Court, Pensacola Chapter, Member
- Rotary Club of Pensacola, Member