Matthew P. Massey
Matthew P. Massey is an associate in the firm’s Pensacola office. He represents clients in a broad range of matters including commercial litigation, business contracts and tort claims, professional malpractice, and white collar criminal defense and internal investigations.
Prior to joining the firm, Matthew served as an Assistant United States Attorney for four years with the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia. In that role, Matthew prosecuted crimes and tried over 20 cases on behalf of the United States Department of Justice. He also received two Special Achievement Awards in recognition of his service on behalf of the Department of Justice.
Matthew is a graduate of the University of Virginia (B.A. Economics, B.A. Psychology) and Emory University School of Law (J.D. 2012). During law school, Matthew served as a Managing Editor of the Emory Law Journal. Before he was a federal prosecutor, Matthew served as a judicial law clerk in the Sixth Judicial Circuit Court of Maryland and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, Alexandria Division.
Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, GA
- J.D. (2012)
- Dean’s Awards: Advanced Civil Trial Practice; International Commercial Arbitration
- Judicial Externship: U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- Managing Editor, Emory Law Journal
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- B.A. Economics (2009)
- B.A. Psychology (2009)
- Florida (2018)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (2018)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida (2018)
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida (2018)
- District of Columbia (2014)
- Virginia (2013)
- Maryland (2012)
- Escambia Santa Rosa Bar Association, Member
- American Inns of Court, Pensacola Chapter, Member