Kevin M. Helmich
Kevin M. Helmich focuses on Estate Planning and Probate, and also represents approximately 500 closely held corporations and limited liability companies. Corporate services include setting up corporations, annual maintenance, preparation of contracts and related transactional services.
In 1992, Kevin M. Helmich graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Illinois, College of Law. While in law school, he focused his course work with a heavy emphasis in taxation. His final year of law school, Mr. Helmich was the recipient of the J. Nelson Young Award, an award given annually by the University of Illinois to its top law student in the area of taxation. Following graduation, he went to work as a Judicial Clerk for the Honorable Benjamin K. Miller, Chief Justice of the Illinois Supreme Court.
In 1994, Mr. Helmich entered private practice in Springfield, Illinois. Initially, his workload was divided evenly between estate planning and tax free municipal finance. In 1996, Mr. Helmich moved to Florida and focused his practice in the areas of Estate Planning and Probate. In 2000, he received his certification from the Florida Bar Association as a specialist in the field of Wills, Trusts and Estates. Mr. Helmich is a member of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar, and a past committee member of the Wills, Trusts & Estate Section of the American Bar Association.
- University of Illinois, College of Commerce & Business Administration (B.S., Economics) – 1989
- University of Illinois, College of Law (J.D., Magna Cum Laude) – 1992
- Florida Bar: 1993 – present
- Real Property Probate & Trust Law Section
- American Bar Association: 1992 – 2010
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Section (Committee Member)
- Florida Bar Board Certification, Wills, Trusts & Estate: 2000 – present
- Estate Planning Council of the Emerald Coast (2017 – present)
- Board of Directors (2017 – present)
- President (2018 – present)
- Emerald Coast Planned Giving Council: 1998 – 2003
- Board of Directors (1998 – 2003)
- President (1999-2000)
- Northwest Florida Estate Planning Council: 1996 – 2008
- Board of Directors (1997 – 2005)
- President (2003)
- Florida Bar Association Grievance Committee (3 year term): 2010-2013
- Chairman (2013)
- Accredited Estate Planner, National Association of Estate Planning Councils: 2018 – present