Joseph A. Passeretti
Joseph Passeretti represents a wide variety of clients in the prosecution and defense of general and complex civil lawsuits in state and federal court. Joe has handled complex issue and multiple party litigation at the state, federal and appellate level as well as in the alternative dispute resolution forum. This practice focuses on litigation in the following practice areas: Construction, Contract/Commercial Litigation, and Employment Law.
Joe is Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Construction Law. He has experience in prosecuting and defending significant construction disputes, including but not limited to mechanic’s liens, schedule/delay claims, contract default claims, improper workmanship claims, error and omission claims, construction defects, and payment and performance bond claims.
Joe litigates complex legal disputes for companies and individuals. Understanding his clients’ immediate needs, and how those needs intersect with their overarching goals, Joe crafts strategies to best suit each situation. He navigates clients through all aspects of a legal dispute with the goal of zealously representing clients and promoting a prompt, cost effective, and dignified resolution of legal matters.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 2004
- Huntingdon College, B.A. History/minor in English, 2001
- Florida State Courts, 2004
- Colorado State Courts, 2013
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2004
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 2010
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2015
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, 2005
- Florida Super Lawyers 2019-2022, 2020
- Florida Super Lawyers “Rising Star,” 2010- 2011, 2017- 2018
- Independent News “Rising Star,” 2009
- Junior Achievement of NW Florida – Board Member, 2005-2020, President, 2016-2018, Volunteer, 2004-present, Advisory Council, 2020 to present.
- Escambia Santa Rosa Bar Association Executive Committee – 2018 to Present
- AV Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Board Certified in Construction Law, Florida Bar
- Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association, Member 2004-present
- First Circuit Representative, Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division Board of Governors, 2011-2015
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee – Member 2015-present