John H. Adams
John Adams is a partner in the firm’s Pensacola office. John is an experienced commercial litigator who regularly handles real estate litigation, tax litigation, bankruptcy and creditor’s rights, contract litigation, business litigation and probate, trust and guardianship matters. John litigates in the state and federal courts of Florida and Alabama. John also maintains a transactional real estate practice.
John is recognized as a Super Lawyer in the area of General Litigation by Florida Super Lawyers magazine. In 2013, the University of West Florida Alumni Association recognized John as an outstanding young alumnus.
- New York University School of Law, New York, NY
LL.M., Taxation. January 2021.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, FL
J.D., magna cum laude, May 2005
Order of the Coif
University of Florida Journal of Law and Public Policy – Member
Book Awards – Income Taxation of Estates & Trusts, Commercial Paper
Phi Delta Phi International Honor Society
Florida Supreme Court – Externship
- University of West Florida, Pensacola, FL
B.S.B.A. in Accounting, August 2002
- The Florida Bar, September 2005
- The Alabama Bar, November 2006
- All Florida State Courts. U.S. District Court; Northern and Middle Districts of Florida
- All Alabama State and Federal Courts
- U.S. Tax Court
- Certified Public Accountant, Florida, December 2004
- Emerald Grande West Condominium Association, Inc. v. Emerald Grande, LLC, et. al., 290 So. 3d 1057 (Fla. 1st DCA 2020).
- Breland v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue, 152 T.C. No. 9 (2019).
- Bookman v. Davidson, 136 So. 3d. 1276 (Fla. 1st DCA 2014)
- Baggett Brothers Farm, Inc. v. Altha Farmers Cooperative, Inc., 149 So. 3d 717 (Fla 1st DCA 2014)
- Engineered Cooling Services, Inc. v. Star Services, Inc., 108 So.3d 1022 (Ala. Civ. App. 2012)
- Florida Super Lawyers – General Litigation – 2016-2021
- Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star – General Litigation – 2012-2015
- University of West Florida Alumni Association Outstanding Young Alumnus – 2013
- Santa Rosa County Leadership – Graduate of Class 28 (2014)
- Gulf Coast Kids House – Board Member and Legal Counsel
Direct: (850) 469-3337