Amy P. Slaman
Ms. Slaman is an associate in the firm’s Destin office. Ms. Slaman joined the firm in 2016 and focuses her practice in the areas of estate planning, probate and trust administration, and corporate law. Her corporate services include formation, annual maintenance, preparation of contracts and related transactional services for corporations, limited liability companies, and other closely held business entities.
Ms. Slaman was born and raised in South Louisiana where she attended Louisiana State University and Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine. Ms. Slaman earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine in 2000, and brings to her law profession the skills gained through ten years of practicing as a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, owning and managing her own veterinary business.
In 2011, Ms. Slaman graduated magna cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law and initially practiced in South Florida in the areas of real estate, commercial law, business law, and finance, including both transactions and litigation. Having grown up along the Gulf Coast from New Orleans to Destin, Ms. Slaman is thrilled to put her roots down in the Florida Panhandle where she can have a positive impact on the community and enjoy the wonderful culture and landscape with her husband and three children.
University of Miami School of Law, Miami, Florida
- D. (Magna Cum Laude) – 2011
- Book Award: Real Estate Transactions
- Merit Scholarship
Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine
- V.M. – 2000
- Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Florida Bar 1st Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee “B” (2017 – Present)
- Leadership Okaloosa, Class of 2018
- Niceville Public Library Foundation Board of Directors – Secretary (2017 – Present)
- Catechist at Holy Name of Jesus Church (2016 – Present)
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers – Okaloosa chapter
- Okaloosa Bar Association
- Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association
- Walton County Bar Association